Borrowed from the lovely, eloquent, and soon to be married Kerri.
8 Things I’m Passionate About.
2. Friends and family of all kinds.
6. The inherent worth and dignity of every person. (UU)
7. Choir, even though I can’t sing yet.
8. Diabetes advocacy.
8 Things I Want to Do Before I Die.
2. Finish a print series on my own press.
3. Get old.
4. Love and be loved.
5. Publish something (maybe).
6. Own a house, and make it a home.
7. See a cure for diabetes.
8. Share my life with my one and only love.
8 Things I Say Often.
1. “Are there any nibbles in the house?”
2. “Hi there, sweet thing.” or “Hi, animal.” or “Hey little guy.” or “Yes, you can has pettings.”(to the cats)
3. “Can I please have some water?” (To my husband, at horrible times, like 3am. Amazing he still likes me! Not diabetes related; my other med makes me thirsty.)
4. “What’s your schedule?” More and more as Daniel gets clients and things get crazy!
5. “Is it raining?” Lately, not so much actually!
6. “Pie.” I call Daniel Pie and sometimes I just like to say his name 🙂
7. “Did I take my medicine?” Did I?
8. “In an hour.” My default response when Daniel asks when I’m planning on going to sleep. Also my response the next time he asks me…
8 Books I’ve Read Recently. I’m a rereader, so many of these are repeats.
1. Sense and Sensibility, Jane Austen (I’ve never read it before. I know, crazy!)
2. Best Short Stories (the one edited by Ann Patchett, I forget which year)
3. The Year Of Living Biblically (Funny and pretty interesting, but I didn’t finish the whole thing.)
4. The Shipping News (Always makes me happy.)
5. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
6. A Short History of Nearly Everything
7. Many magazines, mostly: Harpers, Science News, Discover, Paste
8. Glimmer Train
8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over. (Seriously only 8?)
1. Ode to Sad Clown – Joe Purdy (Um, this is a much better song than the title may imply)
2. Trapeze Swinger – Iron and Wine
3. Trapeze – Patty Griffin
4. Trouble – Ray Lamontagne
5. In My Time Of Need – Ryan Adams
6. Turpentine – Brandi Carlile
7. In The Dark (acoustic demo) – Josh Ritter
8. Half Acre – Hem
8 Things That Attract Me to My Best Friends.
4. Creativity of all kinds.
5. Passion for life.
6. Generosity of their time and talents to the greater world.
8. Similar interests.
People I Think Should Do Crazy 8s.